Pilot Cutter Olga.
In this varied and exciting post, you will be responsible for the running of the vessel and
the safety and wellbeing of all those on board.
The majority of the time, this involves running voyages with socially diverse groups of young people and adults. You will also be responsible for tailoring a week’s adventure to the needs of the people on board. Whilst not on a voyage, you will be responsible for the maintenance of the vessel; pre and post voyage support and some marketing (e.g. boat visits and presentations)
Skills and Attributes
The successful candidate must:
- Have a RYA Yachtmaster Offshore qualification with valid Commercial Endorsement
- Hold a valid, in-date medical certificate (e.g. ML5 or ENG1)
- Be prepared to undertake enhanced DBS check
- Hold or complete safeguarding for young people and vulnerable adults certificate
- Be able to keep the boat and all those on board safe
- Have a passion and enthusiasm for working with people of all ages and from all backgrounds
- Be able to lead and positively engage with all members the group onboard
- Show excellent communication skills even under pressure
- Have compassion and empathy for the needs of all customers and staff
- Be able to remain calm and work safely in stressful situations
- Have experience in the maintenance and coding of commercial vessels
It is beneficial but not essential that the successful candidate:
- Hold a RYA Cruising or Yachtmaster Instructor qualification
- Have a Food Hygiene Level 2 certificate
- Have experience of the sail training industry and outdoor education
- Have experience in wooden boat maintenance including use of tools
- Be passionate about historic vessels and maintaining them
Type of Position: Full time, seasonal / permanent to be negotiated
Location: Based out of Plymouth, with occasional voyages to other UK and European ports.
Salary: between £20,000 and £26,000 dependent upon experience and qualifications.
How to Apply: Please email your CV along with a covering letter detailing your motivation for applying, why you believe you are a strong candidate and contact details for two references to Ben Williams (Ops Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org. For enquiries or an informal chat, please feel free to call Ben on 07595 908 336.
Closing Date: Applications to be received by 6th March 2020. Successful applications will be invited for an interview during March 2020.